VUT self-catering residency is available to full-time and part-time students, but spaces are limited. Students who fit specific criteria will be given priority. The following aspects are considered for each applicant:
- year of study (new first-year students get priority)
- how far away you live (you get priority if you come from more than 1000km away)
- your disciplinary record
- how well your perform academically
- whether or not you have special needs (priority for student with disability)
For more information on residence application and policies, click here.
Applications are considered annually, and students whishing to apply for a space in res need to apply by
- 30 August for studies starting in first semester of the following year
- 15 May for studies starting in second semester of the same year
For a breakdown of the residence fees, click here.
Contact the Student Accommodation and Catering office directly for more information, or to apply:
Director: Ms Xoliswa Matinyane
Phone: +27 (16) 950 9375
Secretary: Ms Queen Tsubele
- Phone: +27 (16) 950 9375