Student residences are a home-away-from-home where an environment conducive to learning is cultivated. Residences aim to create a healthy learning environment where students from diverse backgrounds can co-exist and enjoy basic rights.
- Accommodation in the university residences is not a right but a privilege;
- Each student will sign a declaration that will bind him/her to the rules of the residences;
- Residents are financially responsible for payment of a full term’s occupation irrespective of the date of occupation;
- A resident is supposed to occupy the room that he/she is allocated failing which the room will be given to another deserving student.
Cancellation of accommodation
- All cancellation of accommodation must be in writing and delivered to the respective warden;
- Retrospective cancellation of accommodation is discouraged.
- Non-residents are not allowed inside the residences;
- Residents must seek permission from residences and/or security personnel if they have visitors;
- Resident found assisting non-residents to gain entrance into the residences will be charged accordingly;
- Damage to the university property is a serious offence;
- Resident/s are warned against engaging in vandalism as he/she shall be responsible for all repair or replacement costs;
- Residents must report breakages to the house committee member or sub-warden;
Residence applications open in August until all spaces are taken – information on fees will be provided once applications have opened.
Contact NsibandeE@unizulu.ac.za for further queries.