University of the Witwatersrand WITS Prospectus gives more information on how to apply, application and closing dates, forms required and many more. Download or see the full prospectus at the end of this page.
Important WITS Application Information
How To Apply for Admission
To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
30 June 2019 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV30 September 2019 – All other University programmes; Residence applications.
Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Tests. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
- Use your T Number or Person Number as reference
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your T Number or person/student number as the reference.
Some Documents Required For Application
- If you did not upload supporting documentation at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 Results. The results must be certified and bear your school stamp.
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates. A physical/hard copy of the certificates, originally certified, must be submitted to the Wits Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Wits University via hand delivery, registered mail or courier.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
You can also read the details online below;