The University of Witwatersrand (Wits) is strategically located in Johannesburg, a world class city, with countless opportunities for students and staff to engage. Those on campus have the chance to present solutions that will contribute to our country’s knowledge-base and build our future. The origins of Wits lie in the South African School of Mines, which was established in Kimberley in 1896 and transferred to Johannesburg as the Transvaal Technical Institute in 1904.
Apply To Study At University of the Witwatersrand
To apply to the University of the Witwatersrand Application , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
- 30 June 2019 (Faculty of Health Sciences; Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology, Bachelor of Arts in Film and TV)
- 30 September 2019 (all other programmes)
- R100 (SA citizen)
- R700 (International applicants)
Wits University Courses Offered
The university offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Health Sciences