University of the Western Cape Application 2020 : To apply to the University of the Western Cape Application , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
- Please note applications for 2020 will open on the 11th of May 2019 and close on 30 September 2019. Applications for Bachelors of Dental Surgery close on 31 August 2019.
- TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE
- APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY AN APPLICATION FEE
Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regards to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
In order for your application to be considered COMPLETE. You must successfully complete the online application form as well as submit all required documentation.
UWC ADMISSION 2020
Please note the following programmes will NOT be offered in 2020 for first time entering students:
- Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (General Stream)
- Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Stream)
Admissions Criteria for 2020
The following brochure provides information about the UWC mainstream and extended programmes.
Click hereto download General Admissions Criteria
Click here to download Faculty Admissions Criteria
Documents Required For UWC Application
If you have written the NSC examination already, you need to submit the following:
- Certified copy of your NSC certificate or Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of your identification document
- Proof of any studies with academic records, if applicable, you may have completed
- If applicable, proof that you are currently improving your NSC results
- In an affidavit a brief description of activities post-matric/NSC
Applicants who are re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current grade 12 results. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
If you are applying from another institution of higher learning you need to submit certifies copies of the following:
- NSC Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Identification document
- Certificate of good conduct from your institution
- Official Academic Transcript
- Module content / Yearbook descriptor from your institution for all modules completed
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
Students applying for readmission to UWC
If you have studied at UWC previously and have taken a break in study, you need to provide a letter of motivation to be considered for readmission to your respective faculty.
- You need to submit your final school results to Universities South Africa (USAf) for an evaluation.
- Application for Exemption is to be done with Universities South Africa (USAf) formerly Higher Education south Africa (HESA) using the following link: http://mbit-application.hesa.org.za/assessment
- We unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application until you submit a confirmation letter issued by USAf stating that you qualify to study at a South African University.
- Certified copy of your passport.
Post Graduate students
- Certified copy of identification document
- Certified copy of Passport (International Applicants only)
- Official Academic Transcripts/record of results (All applicants)
- Certified copies of degree certificates (All applicants)
- SAQA Evaluation Certificate (International Applicants only)
- Short Curriculum Vitae (CV) (All applicants)
- One page letter of motivation (All applicants)
- Short research intention (Master and Doctoral applicants only)
How To Apply
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE
- To apply online, go to: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2020
- Applications for BCHD close on 31 August 2020
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload required documents
- Current Matriculants, do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – OFFER TO STUDY
- Current Matriculants may be made a PROVISIONAL offer IN 2019 (a provisional offer is not a guarantee of a place to study at the University).
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2020
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2020.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
UWC International Student Application
STEP 1:-Visit the ACADEMIA page to ensure that your meet the minimum requirements for your preferred Academic Programme.
STEP 2:-Visit the EVALUATION page in order to obtain Exemption from USAf or Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications from SAQA.
STEP 3:-Visit the APPLICATION page in order to submit an Online Application to UWC.
STEP 4:-Visit the IMMIGRATION page and review the information supplied for the VISA Application or VISA Renewal Process.
STEP 5:-Visit the REGISTRATION page and follow the Pre-Registration Clearance Process and Register.
STEP 6:-Go to the ARRIVAL page and prepare for your relocation to Cape Town.
STEP 7:-Visit the FEEDBACK page and help us improve your experience.
When and how will I receive the outcome of my application?
Current Grade 12 applicants, will receive an acknowledgment letter via email after the completion of the online form. Thereafter, you may receive a PROVISONAL selection letter via email notifying you as to whether you have been provisionally accepted or not. Please note that this will only be a provisional selection and does guarantee you a place to study in 2020. A FINAL selection will only take place in January 2020 after final results have been released.
All other applicants (not currently in Grade 12) will receive an acknowledgement letter after the completion of the online application form with instructions relating to the submission of required documents. In order for your application to be considered complete all required documents must be submitted as required. Faculties will consider each application and make FINAL offers as is necessary. You will receive communication via email in this regard by no later than January 2020.
Can I apply with my mid-year grade 12 results for undergraduate programmes?
Applicants currently in grade 12 may either enter their final grade 11 results or their mid-year grade 12 results online or on their hard copy forms. Selection for applicants who completed grade 12 will be done based on their final grade 12 results.
What procedures do I follow if have not received a response from the University?
You may call the UWC Contact Centre on 021 959 23900/01 to enquire or email firstname.lastname@example.org.