UFS General Admission Information
ADMISSION is subject to the condition that you comply with the admission requirements of the University of the Free State. A copy of the following must accompany this form on submission.
• Academic transcript for applicants transferring from another tertiary institution including certificate of conduct
• Identity document/passport of applicant
• Final Grade 11 results for applicants that are currently in Grade 12 (Including school stamp)
• School-end certificate for applicants who have completed Grade 12
• USAf letter for applicants who wrote or will be writing exams other than NSC/IEB. To apply for the USAf letter, visit the
following website: mb.usaf.ac.za
• All Health Sciences applications must be accompanied by completed medical certificate and principal’s signature forms available at www.ufs.ac.za
You will only be recognised as a registered student if you have REGISTERED during the registration period to the specified schedule.
Supporting documents not submitted in time could prevent an applicant from registering as well as from being placed in a residence
University of the Free State Application 2020 : To apply to the University of the Free State , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.