University of Stellenbosch Online Application Date
Application And Closing Dates
1 March: Applications open for all programmes
1 April: Applications open for financial assistance at Stellenbosch University
1 August: Applications open for NSFAS bursaries
30 June: Applications close for all undergraduate programmes.
30 June: Residence applications close.
31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
30 November: Applications close for NSFAS bursaries.
15 December: Applications close for Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education).
University of Stellenbosch Application Documents
1. Certified copies of the original qualification documents, as specified in the table below, must be provided. Please take note of the following regarding your documents:
1.1 Copies of your original academic documents, which must be stamped and signed by the awarding school or institution, notary public, or a Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. attorney or diplomatic official) must be provided. If you go to the police station or the Post Office, a Commissioner of Oaths must certify your documents. No police or post office stamps will be accepted.
1.2 No online results obtained from self-serving portals or password protected documents will be accepted.
1.3 Electronic copies provided should be clear and legible (not blurred, cropped or obscured). Only pdf and jpeg format will be accepted.
2. Stellenbosch University reserves the right to request original and additional supporting documentation should this be deemed necessary at any point.
3. Your signed contract, your application documents (e.g. your grade 11 results) as well as proof of payment (if applicable) should be uploaded online at yourApplication Status before the closing date. If you apply with a hard copy application, you should include all the required documents with your application.
4. If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
5. It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receives these documents in time. You can monitor your Application Status to ensure that your application is complete. Use your username (student number) and official SUN-password to sign in.
NATIONAL BENCHMARK TESTs (NBTs)
The NBTs is applicable to prospective first-year applicants to Stellenbosch University. SU uses the National Benchmark Tests for selection and/or placement purposes.
For more informatin on the NBTs, please click HERE.
To make a booking to write the NBT’s please visit www.nbt.ac.za or call 021 650 3523.