University of Stellenbosch Online Application Courses Offered
SELECT YOUR PROGRAMME / COURSES
- For Stellenbosch University you may select three programme choices. The reason you may indicate three programmes, is that there are programmes with extensive selection criteria and it is possible that you will not to be selected for your first choice, but you may still be selected for your second or third choice.
- Note however, that you can only be admitted to one programme at a time. If you are admitted to your second choice at first, and then admitted to your first choice, your second choice will lapse as soon as you are admitted to your first choice.
- If you would rather continue with your second (or third choice) offer, you must let us know before the end of September at email@example.com. The offer you decline will expire. After September, your request will only be considered if places are available.
- All our programmes have selection criteria, but the following programmes all have extensive selection processes: All programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; all programmes in the Faculty of Law; BA (Visual Arts); BA (Drama); BA (Music); BMus; BA Sport Science; BSc Sport Science; BEd (GenEd); all pogrammes in Engineering; BCom Actuarial Science and BCom (International Business).
- If your first programme choice is from the extensive selection programmes, we recommend a second choice. If both your first and second choices are from the list of selection programmes above, we recommend that you indicate a third choice which is not from this list.
- If you want to change your programme choice, send an e-mail containing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that, after the closing date, you can only be considered if there are places available in the programme.
- To help you place your programme choice in the correct order, bear the following in mind:
Medicine and Health Sciences This faculty will only consider your programme choice if it is indicated as your first choice.
Education This faculty will only consider your programme choice if it is indicated as your first choice.
Law programmes Selection for the programmes BA (Law) and BCom (Law) will only be considered if it is your first programme choice.The undergraduate, four-year LLB programme will be considered as a first or a second choice on your application.
Arts and Social Sciences The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) will only consider first and second choices.Third choices will only be considered if the first and second choices are from the list of extensive selection programmes (see above).BA Sport Science must be your first or second choice.
Economic and Management Sciences (EMS)This faculty will consider first, second or third programme choices. If you have more than one EMS programme on your list. EMS will consider them in your order of preference.BCom (Law), BCom Actuarial Sciences and BCom (International Business) will, however, only be considered if it is your first choice.
AgriSciences This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice, with the exception of the programme in BSc Food Science, BScAgric Animal Science or a programme where Food Science or Animal Science is offered as a subject. For these programmes, your application will only be considered as a first or second choice.
Science This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice.The programmes BSc Human Sciences, BSc Molecular Biology and Biotechnology and BSc Sport Science, will, however, only be considered as a third choice if places are available.
Engineering This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice.You may apply for more than one BEng programme, e.g. BEng Civil as first choice and BEng Industrial as second, since their selection thresholds may differ.
Theology This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first or second choice. Third choice will be considered based on availability of places.
University of Stellenbosch Courses Offered
The university offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Medicine and Health Science
- Military Science