University of Pretoria Online Application Status
To check the status of your application, please click MyTUKS Login(UP Portal) to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyTUKS Login(UP Portal)‘Student Centre’ to accept or decline the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email email@example.com or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyTUKS Login (UP Portal) regularly.
University Of Pretoria Application Fee
Application Fee Waived:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
Application Fee:When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2020.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
Standard Bank: Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
University Of Pretoria Student Accommodation
The Department of Residence Affairs and Accommodation, fondly referred to as the TuksRes Family, is a stand-alone business unit, with various management teams serving residence students.
With 10 000 students in our accommodation spaces, the University of Pretoria is proud to be known as the largest residential university in South Africa.
The Department of Residence and Accommodation is responsible for Residence Management and Student Life, Finance Administration, Placement Management, Accommodation and Maintenance Management, Student Support – Residences, Residence Systems and Food Services.
By having a broad structure like TuksRes, one is able to manage the various needs of our student sector living in a residence.
Please note that some of our residences names have changed and you can find them here for easier convenience.