UKZN Online Application
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
UKZN Application Form
If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Transfer Form and submit to the Applications Office on your campus.
For Undergraduate Internal Transfer Form CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
UKZN has two methods of applying. Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application- Click here to apply.
2.Paper based application- Click here to download an application form.
To apply to the University of KwaZulu-Natal , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply,. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.