UKZN’s School of Chemistry and Physics is one of five Schools in the College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science. It is located predominantly on the Pietermaritzburg and Westville campuses, with a small Engineering service presence on Howard College.
It has a staff complement of 148 academic and support staff , houses approximately 600 undergraduate students and boasts a postgraduate component of 250, engaged in Honours, Masters, PhD and Postdoctoral research.
• Medical Physics: radiation therapy, magnetic resonance imaging
• Geophysics: oil exploration, underground radar and communications
• Materials: micro-electronics, superconductors, diamonds
• Computational Physics: software, simulations
Minimum entrance requirements:
• NSC degree pass with Maths, English, Life Orientation and Agricultural Science/ Physical Science/Life Science at level 4 (if you are studying Physics as a degree you will need Maths at level 5). • Admission points required: 28-48 (highest scoring students taken first). • The closing date for applications is 30 September
Postgraduate application procedure
*Deadline: closing date September