University of Johannesburg UJ Important Residence Information
- For first time applicants, first complete the academic application process and use your student/reference number to complete the residence application as indicated below.
- Please click here for more information on student accommodation and residence life.
- Once you have been academically admitted at the University in January 2020, and your received a letter of confirmation of placement in residence, you will be required to pay a residence deposit of R1220.00
- Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the residences (depending on space availability)
- You may reside only on the campus where you attend your studies.
- No residence transfers are allowed.
- Only applicants studying towards FULL TIME curricular undergraduate and postgraduate programmes may apply for residence
- Residence online application is not available for 1st Time Entering Students 24 years and older. Please apply with the manual application form below.
This application form is ONLY for (1st Time Entering Students) students who NEVER studied before and NOT for students who are already registered students at UJ. Click HERE to apply
Online residence application – How to guide
Step 1 | Enter your student number and pin to login.
Step 2 | When you are logged in, expand the ‘Student Web Systems’ folder
Step 3 | Expand the ‘Application Process’ folder
Step 4 | Click on the ‘Application Process’ folder on the left hand side
Step 5 | Click on the ‘Add New Residence Application’ button:
Step 6 | Complete the highlighted fields and then click on the ‘Proceed With Application’ button:
Step 7 | Click on the “New Record’ button to submit your application:
MANUAL APPLICATION FORM 2020
Click HERE to download a manual residence application form.
Print the form, complete it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org