Unisa: Science, Engineering & Technology Admission Requirements
Requirements / APS
General Admission Requirements
- The admission requirements at UNISA dependent on the type of qualification you want to apply to.
- If you don’t meet the criteria for a certain qualification, you may still qualify for alternative qualifications or extended programmes.
- Students who completed Grade 12 at the ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) School of Tomorrow may no longer be accepted at UNISA (current students may however complete their studies).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Apply For Admission At UNISA ?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space.
- Everyone completing a Higher Certificate or Alternative Pathway / Extended Programme must apply for admission to a follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
When can I apply for admission?
Applications for admission to selected undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, PGCE, BTech & degrees) for semester 2 of the 2019 academic year will be open from 6 – 13 May 2019.
How many qualifications can I apply for?
You can apply for a maximum of two qualifications. You may be offered a place based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum points score and the number of places available for the qualification for which you have applied.