Union Bible Institute Application Form 2019/2020
Our purpose is to develop Christ-like servant-leaders who are committed to Christ and His Great Commission.
For 75 years, God has used Union Bible Institute to teach His Word and assist in the development of Christian leaders. UBI remains committed to the unchanging message of the Bible and the preaching of its truth. At the same time, we recognize that the application of the message and the methods we use must meet the need of the times in which we live.
The Institute is directed by an independent evangelical council representing various Christian groups and denominations. Modest fees are charged for tuition, books and accommodation, with more than half of the cost of training dependent on God through the gifts of His people.
Union Bible Institute is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December 2018 as a private higher education institute under the Higher Education Act, 1997.
We are registered for the following 3 programmes:
Bachelor of Theology (360 credits: Contact Mode)
Diploma in Theology (HEQSF aligned 360 credits: Contact Mode)
Higher Certificate in Theology (HEQSF aligned 120 credits: Contact Mode)
General Entrance Requirements
Prospective students must . . . .
- Have the required entrance qualifications as listed below
- Complete the application forms provided from the Institute (These can be downloaded. See below)
- Have a recommendation from their pastor or church leadership.
- Provide two references.
- Be in good health, and, if required, produce a doctor’s certificate. Any health problems must be reported on the application form. No special diet can be arranged by the Institute for any reason except by doctor’s order where a student has a chronic problem, e.g. diabetic, etc.
- Be 18 years of age or older
Specific Entrance Requirements for the various programmes:
- Higher Certificate in Thelogy: Must have a National Senior Certificate
- Diploma in Theology: Must have a National Senior Certificate with 40% or higher in four approved subjects.
- Bachelor of Theolgy: Must have a National Senior Certificate with 50% or higher in four approved subjects.
Download UBI Latest Prospectus Here