UKZN Postgraduate Online Application 2020
About UKZN Postgraduate Online Application
The University provides a vibrant environment for basic and applied research, and offers internationally recognised postgraduate research degrees in all disciplines. Research innovation is a cornerstone of the University and as an institution of higher learning, research excellence is recognised and supported as part of its essential identity.
The University is committed to growing its existing research capacity further and leading the bid to bring South African and African scholarship to the attention of the international community. At the same time, we recognise that excellence in research and knowledge production should lead to practical interventions in national development strategies, and should be directed to the upliftment of poor and underdeveloped communities. Postgraduate students at the University have the opportunity to contribute towards these interventions. The University’s strategic priorities are informed by both national and international needs and opportunities and provide considerable scope for cutting-edge research.
At the same time, we recognise that excellence in research and knowledge production should lead to practical interventions in national development strategies, and should be directed to the upliftment of poor and underdeveloped communities. Postgraduate students at the University have the opportunity to contribute towards these interventions. The University’s strategic priorities are informed by both national and international needs and opportunities and provide considerable scope for cutting-edge research.
Postgraduate Application Procedures
Application for admission to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, Masters and PhD programmes must be made on the Postgraduate Application Form.
Download a Postgraduate Application Guide
How To Obtain A UKZN Postgraduate Application Form
• Download a 2020 Postgraduate Application Form OR
• Contact the UKZN Applications and Information Office on 031 260 2212/7877 or
033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Postgraduate Application Guide.
• Forms are also available from the Postgraduate Offices at the telephone numbers provided in the Postgraduate Application Guide OR
• Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request application material
• Provide your existing student number at the top of page one if previously registered at UDW,UN or UKZN
• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full and indicate the relevant campus
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. Limited accommodation is available for postgraduate students.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN
• UKZN requires an application fee of R200
• If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
• Current students wanting to apply for postgraduate certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Honours prorgamme must apply on the internal Application form for admission to graduate studies. A form can be downloaded HERE.
• Current students wanting to apply for admission to Masters and PhD studies must complete the Postgraduate Application Form.
• Current students will not be required to pay an application fee.
Details For The Application Fee Account For South African Applicants
Name: University Of KwaZulu-Natal Bank: Standard BankAcc. No: 053080998 Branch: Westville Branch Code: 045426 Reference: F001 11402 With Applicant’s Full Name
Please provide your details on the deposit slip. Submit proof of payment on submission of your application.
• Please consult the Postgraduate Application Guide and your College for information on closing dates. Closing dates for Colleges and Schools may vary.
• Please attach certified copies of documentation requested on the application form.
If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Transfer Form and submit to the Applications Office on your campus.
For Undergraduate Internal Transfer Form CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
For Postgraduate Internal Transfer Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
Online Applications Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
Certified copy of your ID/passport.
Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.