The Fusion Cooking School
The Fusion Cooking School is a privately owned Chef School started by Chef Shaun Smith in 2002 and later joined by Chef Caryn England in 2005. It is based in Durban, with one campus in Westville and another campus in Musgrave.
The school is a long-standing SA Chefs Association (SACA) member and is internationally accredited with City & Guilds of London and locally with the Department of Higher Education through the QCTO. We also have international affiliations with the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs and WACS (World Association of Chef Societies).
Our team of staff are both highly qualified and dedicated, ensuring high levels of educational Quality Assurance.
Our modern facilities and intensive training process offer small numbers of students our personal attention.
Evening Lifestyle Classes
Interactive Hands-On Lifestyle Cooking Classes
evening cooking classes • bookclubs hens parties • kids parties
Thai • Sushi • Moroccan • Mexican • Mezze & Tappas
Beef & Lamb • Knifeskills & Basic Sauces • Cuban
Fish & Shellfish • Bread Making & Dips • Chinese
North Indian • Spanish • South Indian • Cuban
Northern Italian • French • Pasta Making • Greek
Vietnamese • Indonesian • Portuguese
South African • Puddings & Pastries • Hawaian
Classes are hands-on and interactive. Each lesson starts at 6.30pm and lasts about 3 hours. We cover 5-7 different recipes and we eat what we make. Just bring along something to drink and a pen to write with. The cost is R350/person BYO (includes the meal).
Cooking Class Vouchers
Why not give a cooking class voucher as a present. They are R350 each and are redeemable against any evening class of choice.
• Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking (7 months) includes 1 international qualification:
– City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking (level 1)
• Diploma in Patisserie (7 months) includes 1 international qualification:
– City & Guilds Diploma in Patisserie (level 2)
• Advanced Diploma in Global Cuisine (7 months) includes 1 international qualification:
– City & Guilds Advanced Diploma in Cookery Supervision (level 3)
This post-graduate course is open to all students who have completed the Chef Diploma in Global Cuisine & Culinary Art
Relevant Workplace experience is required as a pre-requisite
All the above Part-Time qualifications contain an element of workplace experience required to complete each course.
• City & Guilds Skills Awards includes:
– City & Guilds Food Safety Certificate (2 days)
– City & Guilds Foundation Certificate (3 days)
– City & Guilds Proficiency Certificate (4 days)
1. Complete an Application Form
2. Write a short Motivational Letter
3. Set up an interview
4. Bring along R200 application Fee, certified copy of your ID book and highest school qualification
Tel: +27 31 202 6200