Southern Africa Bible College Application Form 2019/2020
Thank you for your interest in the Southern Africa Bible College. Founded by visionary leadership in 1966, Southern Africa Bible College continues to equip a new generation of emerging world-changers for Christ who are growing to be Christ-centered servant leaders for the 21st century.
- A non-refundable administration fee of R300 must accompany the original application form. Your forms will not be processed without payment of this fee. Should you pay this fee directly into the College bank account proof of payment must be provided.
- The cost for foreign applications is higher than for local ones since the College has to pay high bank charges for foreign deposits. Therefore the admission fee is higher for students who pay in a foreign currency.
- An annual registration fee of R1500 (subject to adjustment without prior notice) is payable upon arrival at the College at the beginning of the academic year.
- A refundable maintenance / key deposit of R450.00 is payable by dormitory students upon arrival at the College.
- NOTE: The College does not award certificates, diplomas and degree to students who owe the College for fees and costs.
- All students must purchase the following text books which must be produced upon arrival at the College or provide proof that they have ordered these books and show a delivery date:
- The Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary; Baker Publisher Group.
- Christian Counselling; by Gary R Collins.
- Candidates should have been members of a Bible-based church of Christ for at least one year and have been members of a particular congregation for a period of at least one year before applying for admission.
- Refugees (Asylum Seekers) must have refugee status for a minimum of twelve months before applying for admission.
- No foreign candidate will be accepted without a valid study permit. Students whose study permits expire during the cause of their studies must renew these before the expiry date. Students who fail to do so will be suspended and will have to leave the dormitory / married quarters, whichever may apply, until their study permit has been renewed.
- Every candidate for admission must have achieved a minimum of a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) and submit certified proof of the original qualifications (NOT a copy of a copy and preferably in colour) with a transcript of grades (marks), together with the completed Application for Admission@ form if enrolling for a qualification.
- An aggregate of 50% is required on a matriculation exemption certificate.
- One required subject is English with an achievement rating of at least 65%.
- Students whose English is considered insufficient for tertiary studies will be requested to take English classes and reapply upon completion of such studies and proof of your grades must be provided.
- The following documents must be submitted with the Application for Admission form or separately (see below) before the College will consider your application: (Please refer to the instructions relating to copies stated above)
- A general Health Certificate.
- All applicants from a malaria area must submit the results of a blood test. (Refer 11 below)
- Copies of your matric certificate, the last school report, and any other qualification you have achieve
- If you only have a school leaving certificate (no matric) you must submit a biography and describe your involvement in whatever congregation or congregations of the church of Christ you have been a member of for the past five years before applying for admission
- IN YOUR OWN HANDWRITING (cursive, not capitals, not typed):
- A biography of yourself, 500 words or more, including why you want to study at this College.
- What is the meaning of Romans 13:8-10 (“when the perfect comes”).
- What is the meaning of Matthew 7:21-23
- The Preacher’s Recommendation and the Congregation=s Recommendation as well as other recommendations from third parties must be submitted directly by these referees, either by mail or as scanned documents.
- If you are a South African citizen or Permanent Resident in RSA submit a copy of your identity document
- Foreign citizens must submit a copy of their passport and visa
- Asylum seekers must submit a copy of all relevant documents showing their immigration status
- Should you have had malaria at any time you must disclose this information. This does NOT disqualify the applicant; if such a student falls ill while a student at this College this information will assist with treatment.
- NOTE: The College reserves the right to request blood tests at the expense of the applicant.
- Students who are suffering from a contagious disease and fail to disclose this information will be suspended until they have been cleared by a medical practitioner or hospital. Depending on the illness they will be suspended for a longer period.
Get latest Application Form here to Apply for Admission