ADMISSION PROCESS – PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS IMPORTANT DOCUMENT CHECKLIST – Admissions process
Applications open on the 15th of January 2020 for all Grades
Closing date for Grade 8 applications is the
20th of March 2020
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) has initiated an online Admissions process.
Parents of prospective students will need to register on the WCED site AS WELL AS completing the SACS High School application form. The WCED online application can be found at: https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za
Kindly note that for your application to be considered, it is essential that the following documentation is
enclosed when handing in your application form, only hostel applications will be accepted via email.
Applications must be handed to Mrs Sarah Townes in the Admission’s office at the High School’s main
1. Completed SACS Application Form with ID size photo attached
2. Proof of completed WCED online application
3. Principals Report from your current school
4. Certified copy of your son’s Original Unabridged Birth Certificate
5. Certified copies of both parents/legal guardian’s Identity documents or valid passports
6. Certified Copy of your son’s latest school report
7. Certified Copy of your valid residence and study permits issued by the Department of Home Affairs if the
learner is not a South African citizen
8. Certified copy of the Identity Document of the person responsible for the school fee account of the
learner (if not the parent or guardian)
9. Certified municipal rates, utility account or lease agreement as proof of residence (not more than three
months old) in the name of the parent/guardian as proof of residential address
10. Certified copy of your son’s immunisation card
SACS SCHOLARSHIP EXAMINATIONS
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that submitting a Scholarship Application form does not guarantee entry into SACS High School. It also does not commit the candidate to accept a place at the school, should one be offered.
Candidates for ALL scholarships must complete an application form for Grade 8 2021, see above, as well as the relevant scholarship registration forms available on our website: www.sacshigh.org.za
- Academic Scholarship:
Learners who have achieved at least 80% (code 7) for BOTH English and Mathematics in term four of their
Grade 6 year may submit an Academic Scholarship application form.
The Scholarship Examination, with papers in both Mathematics and English, will be written on TUESDAY 4TH FEBRUARY 2020 from 14h00 – 16h00 in the Hofmeyr Hall at SACS High School.
Pupils must provide their own pen, pencil and eraser to write the exam. No calculators are permitted.
- Music Scholarship:
Learners who have achieved a Grade 4 level or above (Trinity, ABRSM or UNISA) may submit a Music Scholarship application form. Auditions will be held on THURSDAY 6 TH FEBRUARY 2020 from 14h00 at the School. The boys will be required to write a music theory exam before their practical audition.
- Sport Scholarship:
Learners who are of a Provincial selection standard in one or more sports offered at SACS may submit a Sport Scholarship application form. Include supporting documents of recent sporting achievements. Closing date for sports scholarship applications will be on Monday 3rd February 2020
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
|Annual School Fees – 2020|
|Grade 8||R 52 000|
|Grade 9 – 11||R 49 000|
|Grade 12||R 51 060|
|Voluntary Development fund levy||R 2 500|
|Boarding Fees – 2020||R 53 400|