Rustenburg Girls’ High School Application 2021
Grade 7 Open Days
Open Days will be held on Monday 10 February 2020 and Wednesday 19 February 2020 from 16:00 to 18:00 or 17:00 to 19:00 in the Kemp Hall. You and your daughter/ward are most welcome to visit on one of the days for information and a tour. Please reserve your places on Quicket.
GRADE 8 – ADMISSIONS 2020
|WHAT MUST I DO?||WHERE MUST I DO THIS?||WHEN MUST I DO THIS?|
|A. Complete the Rustenburg Girls’ High School application process||On our website: www.rghs.org.za/admissions/||OPENS 17 February 2020|
CLOSES 17 March 2020
- Peruse the School Admission Policy document on our website.
- Complete the online registration form in full. Please use a laptop/desktop computer to complete the form and, preferably, the Chrome browser.
- We must have two contacts per application: Please add both biological parents (if applicable) OR one parent/guardian and one “significant other” (e.g. grandparent, aunt/uncle, sponsor).
- To add your second contact click on “Add Another Contact”. Please provide the name and relationship of this alternative contact (grandparent, aunt, sponsor, etc.).
- Please provide the full details of that contact (email, cellphone, place of employment, residential address, etc.) as well as a certified copy of their Identity Document.
- Please ensure that you have an electronic head-and-shoulders photo (JPG format) of your daughter/ward in her school uniform available to upload as part of the application.
- HOSTEL: Should you wish to apply, then please tick the appropriate block and add the required details.
- If you are self-employed, please provide details of your business (company name, type of industry, etc.)
- If you are a past parent, you will be prompted for a username/password when you enter your email address. If relevant, click on “Forgot Password” and this will be emailed to you so that you can log in and continue.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a standard email acknowledging receipt and reminding you to bring in your supporting documentation.
|B. Complete the Western Cape Education Department’s (WCED) application process||On the WCED website:|
|OPENS 17 February 2020|
CLOSES 17 March 2020
|Full details of the application process are provided on the WCED website.|
|C. Upload AND hand deliver the following supporting documents to the school||Hand deliver to reception at|
Rustenburg Girls’ High School
|By/Before the closing date|
(17 March 2020)
- Certified copy of UNABRIDGED birth certificate. – If you do not have an unabridged birth certificate, then a receipt from Home Affairs as proof of your application will suffice.
- If you are NOT a South African citizen, provide a certified copy of your daughter’s/ward’s study permit.
- Certified copy of both biological parents Identity Documents.
- If a parent is deceased, please provide a copy of the death certificate.
- If a parent is divorced, please provide a copy of the divorce decree.
- If never married, please provide a copy of the Identity Document/Passport and contact details of the other parent OR an affidavit confirming that the name and/or contact details of the other parent are unknown and unavailable, should this be a true reflection of reality.
- Certified copy of your daughter’s/ward’s Grade 6 end-of-year report.
- Certified copy of proof of your residential address – specifically a copy of your municipal rates account.
- Municipal rates account must be addressed to you. Your NAME must be on the document.
- Municipal rates account must be addressed to you at your RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS. PO Box details are not sufficient.
- Should you not have a municipal rates account with your name and residential address, we will accept one of the following:
a) Documents from SARS or your bank with your full name and residential address.
b) An affidavit from the South African Police stating your full name, identity number and your residential address.
- ANNEXURE A (download here): Learner declaration and information – completed, signed and dated by your daughter/ward.
- ANNEXURE B (download here): Parent/Guardian declaration – completed, signed and dated by both parents.
- ANNEXURE C (download here): Confidential Referral Form. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to ensure that Annexure C is completed and returned to us by 17 March 2020. This document must be completed by your daughter’s/ward’s current school and then emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 021 686 7114.
Other Important Information
|The WCED System displays the outcome of applications and parents are informed via email/SMS||On the WCED’s website:|
|15 – 22 May 2020|
|School will email information to you regarding the status of your application||Information will be sent via email|
to the email address(es)
listed on the application.
|15 – 22 May 2020|
|Parents to inform School of their decision. If parents do not confirm acceptance by 5 June 2020, schools may offer such places to learners on the waiting list.||Your decision must be emailed to the school by the deadline of 5 June 2020:|
|15 May – 5 June 2020|
|Parents to inform WCED of their decision.||Access the WCED website to accept/decline placement: admissions.westerncape.gov.za||15 May – 5 June 2020|
Grade 9-11 Applications
Applications for Grades 9 to 11 in 2021 open on Tuesday 7 July 2020 and close on Wednesday 9 September 2020.
For any other information about the application process, please contact the Admissions Secretary: email@example.com. Our office is open weekdays from 08:00 to 16:00.
Our Admission Policy can be downloaded here.