Rustenburg Girls’ High School Application 2020
ALL applications for admission to Rustenburg Girls’ High School must be done online.
The WCED has initiated an online Admissions process and Rustenburg forms part of this “pilot project”. Parents of prospective students will need to register on this site AS WELL AScompleting the Rustenburg Girls’ High School online application. Go to WCED online admissions.
Grade 8 applications
Applications for places in Grade 8 2020 closed on 15 March 2019.
Please carefully read the application instructions below.
All applications and supporting documents must have been received by this closing date, which is prescribed by the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) . If the application is incomplete or any of the supporting documents are received after this date, it will be treated as a late application.
All parents will be notified of the outcome of their applications on 7 June 2019 by letter.
Successful candidates must confirm their acceptance by 12 July 2019.GRADE 8 APPLICATION FORM
Grade 9-11 applications
Applications for Grades 9-11 in 2020 will be considered in Term 3 of 2019. All applications and supporting documents must have been received by the Friday 6 September 2019. If the application is incomplete or any of the supporting documents are received after this date, it will be treated as a late application.GRADE 9-11 APPLICATION FORM
Places at Erinville Hostel are limited and are allocated to learners in all grades as places become available. Applications for hostel places in Grade 8 in 2020 closed on 15 March 2019.
Please complete the online application process to be considered for a place at the school, as well as selecting the hostel application option that will be available to you when you apply online to the school.
Please follow the instructions carefully when completing your online application:
- Complete the online application form in full. Please use a laptop/ desktop computer to complete the form, and preferably the Chrome browser, since parents have reported problems when trying to complete the form on a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc). You can download Chrome here.
- Please add both parents/guardians as contacts. To add a second parent/guardian, click on ‘Add Another Contact’ at the end of the form.
- Please ensure that you have a electronic head-and-shoulders photo (JPG format) of your daughter in her school uniform available to upload as part of the application.
- If you are a past parent, you will be prompted for a username and password when you enter your email address. This is not the same details as on the Parent Portal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve your password.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email with the following message:
Thank you for your online application to Rustenburg Girls’ High School. In order to process the application, you are required to deliver the following documents to the school:
- Certified copy of the official, unabridged birth certificate of the learner;
- Certified copy of the latest school report issued by the previous school attended by the learner;
- Valid residence and study permits issued by the Department of Home Affairs if the learner is not a South African citizen;
- Certified copies of parents’/legal guardian’s Identity Documents or Passports;
- Certified copy of the Identity Document of the person responsible for the school fee account of the learner (if not the parent or guardian);
- Municipal rates or utility account or lease agreement as proof of residence (not more than three months old) in the name of the parent/guardian as proof of residential address;
- Annexure A – Learner Information and Declaration – download Annexure A here.
- Annexure B – Parent/Guardian Declaration – download Annexure B here.
In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that Annexure C is completed and returned to RGHS by the learner’s current school. Download Annexure C here.
For administrative purposes, single parents must submit, in addition to the above, the following:
– A certified copy of the death certificate of the other parent, if deceased;
– A certified copy of the final divorce agreement, if divorced;
– A copy of the Identity Document or Passport and contact details of the other parent if never married OR an affidavit confirming that the name and/or contact details of the other parent are unknown and unavailable, should this be a true reflection of reality.
We cannot process your daughter’s application until Annexure C has been received AND the complete set of documents listed above has been delivered to the school. This must be done by the closing date.
Hostel applications: If you are applying for a hostel place indicate this on the online application form.
Music Scholarships are awarded for excellence in Music and applications closed on 1 February 2019.
You will be notified of the outcome of your daughter’s application toward the end of Term 2.
For more information about the applications process, please contact the Admissions Secretary. Our office is open weekdays 08h30 – 16h00.
Our Admissions Policy (updated annually) can be downloaded here.