Admission to the school is strictly according to the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) regulations. The website for registering and applying in the Gauteng Province is http://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za.
GRADE 8 APPLICATIONS
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS FOR GRADE 8 ARE ONLY OPEN IN YOUR DAUGHTER’S GRADE 7 YEAR
Grade 8 2021 Applications Procedure
- Apply online when applications open for 2021. You will receive a reference number and an sms. (This includes successful Boarding Applicants.)
- Collect/download the 2021 forms from Pretoria High School for Girls.
- Supporting documents to be returned with information forms within 7 days of online application.
- A certified copy of your daughter’s unabridged (full) birth certificate (computer generated certificate from the Department of Home Affairs). If not available, proof of application should be provided along with a certified copy of an abridged birth certificate;
- A certified copy of your daughter’s previous year end report showing both her name and the school name;
- A certified copy of your daughter’s 2019 Term 1 report showing both her name and the school name;
- One recent ID photograph of your daughter;
- Certified copies of both parents’/legal guardians’ RSA identity documents; certified copies of death certificate/s should a parent or both parents be deceased; certified copies of passports as well as work permits of parents that are Foreign Nationals.
- In case of legal guardianship adoption, copies of legal documents produced by the courts (court orders) are required which, amongst others, includes a certified copy of appointment from the Master of the Court to act as legal guardian/s;
- A certified copy of both sides of the Medical Aid Card and one copy of the ID or passport of the main member of the scheme;
- Proof of the permanent residential address of both parents as well as the learner and/or legal guardian (only a valid government/parastatal or body corporate utility bill and/ or lease agreement will be accepted) in the parents/legal guardians name; or a certified copy of the lease agreement;
- Immigrants must submit certified copies of both parents’ passports, permanent residence and/or relevant study, residence or work permits as well as any other related permits; in the event of Diplomats, Diplomats are to submit passports and Diplomatic identities;
- A letter of employment for each parent/legal guardian confirming employment, on an original company letterhead. The letter must – be stamped by the Employer and the signature of the Employer affixed over the stamp; – contain confirmation as to if the parent is employed indefinitely or for a fixed term period; – confirm the parent/legal guardian’s work address as well as work contact number.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS OPEN?
Applications for Grade 8 – 12 learners open at the same time. A date will be communicated by the GDE. Please check back regularly for updates.
Boarding applications for 2021 are currently open. Please visit the Boarding page to download the Information form.
These are to be directed to the Admissions Secretary, Mrs Silvana Shields
Telephone: 012 430 7341
Fees for 2020 are as follows:
- School Fees Grade 8: R43 500.00
- School Fees Grade 9-12: R39 150.00
- Boarder Fees: R61 320 or R15 330 per term payable before the start of each term.
All fees are reviewed on an annual basis.