Pretoria High School for Girls Application 2020
Admission to the school is strictly according to the Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) regulations.
GRADE 8 APPLICATIONS
From 20 May 2019
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS FOR GRADE 8 ARE ONLY OPEN IN YOUR DAUGHTER’S GRADE 7 YEAR
Please keep an eye out for the 2020 applications which will open on 20 May 2019. The website for registering and applying in the Gauteng Province is http://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za.
- Apply online. You will receive a reference number and an sms.
- Collect/download information forms from Pretoria High School for Girls. These will become available on 20 May 2019.
- Supporting documents to be returned with information forms within 7 days of online application.
- A certified copy of your daughter’s unabridged (full) birth certificate (computer generated certificate from the Department of Home Affairs). If not available, proof of application should be provided along with a certified copy of an abridged birth certificate;
- A certified copy of your daughter’s previous year end report showing both her name and the school name;
- A certified copy of your daughter’s 2019 Term 1 report showing both her name and the school name;
- One recent ID photograph of your daughter;
- Certified copies of both parents’/legal guardians’ RSA identity documents; certified copies of death certificate/s should a parent or both parents be deceased; certified copies of passports as well as work permits of parents that are Foreign Nationals.
- In case of legal guardianship adoption, copies of legal documents produced by the courts (court orders) are required which, amongst others, includes a certified copy of appointment from the Master of the Court to act as legal guardian/s;
- A certified copy of both sides of the Medical Aid Card and one copy of the ID or passport of the main member of the scheme;
- Proof of the permanent residential address of both parents as well as the learner and/or legal guardian (only a valid government/parastatal or body corporate utility bill and/ or lease agreement will be accepted) in the parents/legal guardians name; or a certified copy of the lease agreement;
- Immigrants must submit certified copies of both parents’ passports, permanent residence and/or relevant study, residence or work permits as well as any other related permits; in the event of Diplomats, Diplomats are to submit passports and Diplomatic identities;
- A letter of employment for each parent/legal guardian confirming employment, on an original company letterhead. The letter must – be stamped by the Employer and the signature of the Employer affixed over the stamp; – contain confirmation as to if the parent is employed indefinitely or for a fixed term period; – confirm the parent/legal guardian’s work address as well as work contact number.
Now Open for ALL Grades
Please note that Boarding Applications for Grade 8 to 11 are currently open.
Grade 8 learners wishing to apply for Boarding in 2020 will still be required to complete the online application from 13 May – 15 July 2019.
The BOARDING INFORMATION FORM is available for those wishing to apply.
ONLINE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA 2020
The GDE has made some changes to their online platform as well as some very important changes to the admissions criteria.
Admissions criteria in order of preference:
- Home address closest to the school within the feeder zone
- Applicants living in the feeder area will receive a WA1 waiting list number
- Sibling at school
- Applicants NOT living in the feeder area, but with a sibling currently at the school, will receive a WA2 waiting list number
- Work address in feeder zone
- Applicants NOT living in the feeder area, but working in the feeder area, will receive a WA3waiting list number
- Home address within 30km
- Applicants that do not live or work in the feeder are but are less than 30km from the school will receive a WA4 waiting list number
- Home address is beyond 30km of the school
- Applicants that do not live or work in the feeder are but are more than 30km from the school will receive a WB waiting list number
- WB will apply to many who have applied for boarding. Only successful boarding applicants will be admitted.
Preference will be given to WA list applicants (with the exception of successful boarding applicants with WB numbers). IMPORTANT: Only once all the WA1 applicants have been placed, and if there is still available space at the school, will the GDE consider WA2 applicants. Please see the flow chart below:
Regretfully there may not be availability for all WA1 learners as Pretoria High School for Girls is a high-pressure school receiving 6 times more applicants than what the school is able to accommodate.