North-West University NWU Courses Offered
As a multi-campus university, the NWU offers students choice and variety, both academically and geographically. Collectively, the three campuses have 15 academic faculties, which in turn consist of more than 50 schools. Some faculties also have centres and institutes offering short courses, other types of skills development and various community and commercial services.Sponsored Links
Mafikeng Campus Courses
This Campus has five academic faculties with a total of 14 schools and various centres.
• Agriculture, Science and Technology
• Commerce and Administration
• Human and Social Sciences
Potchefstroom Campus Courses
This Campus has eight faculties with more than 30 schools and centres.
• Natural Sciences
• Education Sciences
• Economic and Management Sciences
• Health Sciences
Vaal Triangle Campus Courses
This Campus has two faculties with seven schools.
• Economic Sciences and Information Technology
Postgraduate studies @MyNWU
“The purpose of doing research is to solve problems that limit the growth and development of society, communities, businesses and individuals. At the NWU, we remind ourselves constantly that we are here to make a difference in people’s lives and to nurture nature. By taking care of some of the problems humanity faces today and producing students ready to reshape the world, we are building a better university and a better South Africa.” Prof Dan Kgwadi, NWU Vice-Chancellor, NWU Research DynamicsSponsored Links
At the NWU our objective is to educate and empower our postgraduate students by providing quality programmes, ensuring well-educated graduates who are able to think critically and laterally.
One of the most important factors in deciding to enrol for masters or doctoral studies is the available academic expertise. In this regard you can rest assured: the North-West University prides itself on its increased research intensity as evident by the wide scope of postgraduate degree offerings.
But why enrol for a masters or a doctoral degree?
- It strengthens your competitiveness as a graduate in a specialised job market.
- It extends and deepens your knowledge and skills in an ever changing international market.
- It offers you research preparation that enhances your ability to access, make sense of, and deploy new knowledge in a complex society.
- It builds confidence and credibility as a highly skilled graduate.
- It provides immense personal satisfaction and reward.