Norman Henshilwood High School Application 2020/2021
Grade 8 2021 application forms will be available on the website from 17 February 2020 till 17 March 2020
- Learners will be accepted ONLY if they are age appropriate for the grade to which they are being admitted. The following minimum – maximum age requirements apply:
• Grade 8: 11 – 15
• Grade 9: 12 – 16
• Grade 10: 13 – 17
• Grade 11: 14 – 18
• Grade 12: 15 – 19
Note that the learner must turn the age within the calendar year of the grade to which he/she is being admitted.
- NHHS is full with an enrolment of 210 pupils per grade [max. = 1050 pupils] [and taking curricular needs into account]. However, this does not mean that a place exists in a particular grade IF the maximum of 210 is not enrolled in that grade. In such cases, admission will be dependent on the curricular capacity of the school to offer the applicant a place based on the applicant’s subject selection in Grades 10, 11 or 12.
- Where a child is not permanently resident within the school’s catchment area, admission is at the sole discretion of the SGB and depends on the pupil meeting the criteria as set out in the core criteria.
- The deadline for submission of application for enrolment is determined annually by the SGB.
- Late applications may be considered.
- Legal guardianship: Legal guardians, who are not the biological parents of an applicant, will need to provide a court order as proof of legal guardianship.
- A Capital Development Fund levy, for the five years that the pupil stays at the school. A part or parts thereof may be refunded if the pupil leaves the school within the five year period [pro rata repayment].
- Legal guardian: a person who has the legal authority and corresponding duty assigned by the court to take care of minor children.
- Closest School: the learner passes NO other high/secondary school on his/her way to school, whether on foot or by vehicular transport.
- Catchment area: the geographic area within which Henshilwood is the nearest state school when the distance is measured along a public road.