Nelson Mandela University Undergraduate Application Prospectus
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Apply online;
- Download an application form (see list to your right); or
- Request an application form (which you can download) by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (041) 504 1111.
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form in addition to the standard Postgraduate application form (which can be found on the right-hand side of this page). For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fee (international students only), before submitting your application form (see below for methods of payment).
- Your application form must be accompanied by:
- (i) a certified copy of your final Grade 11 report and;
- (ii) a most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) report (No March results), or if you have already passed the matriculation examination, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate, or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications,
- (iii) a certified copy of your ID/Passport,
- (iv) a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- (v) declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your admissions points and school subjects do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you may be requested to write an access assessment test.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty which can be downloaded from the links on the right of this page.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via sms, or a letter posted to your postal address.
- Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.
- You can use one of the following methods to pay application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
- Please do not send cash in the post.
Tel: +27 (0) 41 504 1111
Fax: +27 (0) 41 504 2574 / 2731
PO Box 77000, Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, 6031, South Africa