Nelson Mandela University Undergraduate Application Entry Requirements
- The table below explains how well you will need to do in your school subjects to meet the minimum statutory requirements for each qualification level (Higher Certificate, Diploma or Degree)
- The university has also set its own additional minimum entry requirements.
- Please note that the achievement of the minimum statutory entry requirements does not necessarily guarantee you admission to any programme or field of study at this University.
As per the Government Gazette Notice No.165 No. 41473 dated March 2018, the list of designated subjects has been revoked with immediate effect. Subsequent to this announcement, the revised admission requirements for degree entry as they pertain to Nelson Mandela University, are further explained below:
- Applicants must meet the minimum statutory entry requirements for each type of qualification they wish to apply for as stated above.
- The University may add additional subject specific requirements for certain qualifications.
- Applicants will also need to comply with the Applicant Score (AS), subject(s) and percentage % pass required for specific subjects which may be required for certain qualifications, before a final decision will be made of the outcome of his/her application.
- Any recognised 20-credit NSC subject combinations (dependant on school capacity) can be used towards applying for degree studies (this excludes LO which is 10-credits), provided that each of these four subjects are also passed on a level 4 (50-59%) or higher.