Nelson Mandela University Department of Architecture
The Department of Architecture has been successfully producing professional architects since the 1970’s. The Departmnet remained committed to architectural education throughout its existence under the leadership of eminent architects.
Architecture Courses Offered
Bachelor of Architectural Studies
Master of Architecture Professional
Master of Architecture Research
Doctor of Philosphy in Architecture
Requirements for admission
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements the university has its own minimum admission requirements.)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
- Minimum NSC statutory requirements for degree entry must be met.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 370.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 55% for Mathematics.
- Admission is subject to Departmental selection.
Requirements for entrance to the M.Arch. (Prof) programme
These applicants must apply with a portfolio of works. The details are as follows:
- A portfolio of works representative of all three years of the BAS degree, with emphasis on the third year of design along with works if any, done in professional architectural offices.
- Certified copies of academic record.
- A resume/CV.
- Letters of recommendation.
- A letter clearly stating the intent in studying MArch (Prof) programme.
A digital copy of the portfolio should be uploaded online (eg. on dropbox or google drive), with a link to the file sent to the HOD: Department of Architecture, and to be kept online until the selection process is complete. Along with this, applicants can deliver a hard copy of the full portfolio to the Secretary, Department of Architecture.
How to Apply
Admission Application Procedure
Complete the online Nelson Mandela University Admission Application
After admission outcome is received, contact the Departmental for Deparmental Selection (See below BAS and M.Arch requirements)
Ms Lourine Smith
Tel: +27 41 5042719
Mr Andrew Palframan
HOD ; Senior Lecturer
Tel: 27 41 5042719