Each faculty stipulates admission requirements based on points aggregate calculated from the best five subjects presented by the prospective student. Over and above the points system, some departments administer a compulsory entrance test. Not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be accepted due to limited space. The selection process prioritises the best qualified applicants and those who selected MUT as their first or second choice.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook