An auto mechanic is a tradesperson and mechanic with a variety of automobile makes or either in a specific area or in a specific make of automobile. In repairing cars, their main role is to diagnose the problem accurately and quickly
Bidvest Automotive Artisan Academy
AA Technical College
INTEC College Automotive Technology
Oxbridge Academy Motor Mechanic
Belcomec Training Motor Mechanic
How do you become an auto mechanic?
Five Steps to Become a Mechanic
- Step 1: Complete a High School Education or GED. You’ll first need to obtain a high school diploma or GED. …
- Step 2: Enroll in a Vocational Education Program. …
- Step 3: Obtain a Certificate. …
- Step 4: Receive Employer Training. …
- Step 5: Become a Master Mechanic.
What do auto mechanics do?
An auto mechanic performs maintenance, diagnostic testing, repairs, and inspections of small trucks and cars. They work on engines, drive belts, transmissions, and electronic systems such as steering, brakes, and accident-avoidance systems.
How do I become a motor mechanic in South Africa?
To become a qualified motor mechanic, you have to follow this three-step process.
- You have to get theoretical training at a TVET-level college. …
- You have to do your practical training through a qualified artisan/workshop.
- To register as an auto mechanic, you have to take the required Trade Test.
How much does a mechanic course cost?
Depending on your geographic location, it’s possible to find 18-week certificate programs for around $5,000-$5,500 for tuition and related fees. Associate degree An associate degree program in auto mechanics generally costs about $10,000-$25,000 and takes two years to complete
What qualifications do I need to be a motor mechanic?
While a high school diploma is the minimum education requirement for mechanics, many employers prefer to hire those who have completed certificate or associate’s programs in automotive technology or related fields. Mechanics can earn voluntary certification to enhance job opportunities
How can I learn mechanic?
- Recognize the extent of knowledge and skill that an auto mechanic should retain. …
- Commence your auto repair training by completing your high school education. …
- Complete a program for auto service technicians. …
- Research local car mechanic programs and workshops for additional training. …
- Get certified in auto mechanics.
Can you become a mechanic online?
Online auto mechanics programs are not meant for people who want to become certified as professional auto mechanics. A certificate in automotive technology can usually be earned in six months of study, but students often have up to two years to complete the program