When Should I apply?
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle.
Students wishing to apply via a paper-based application, download the application form, print and complete it, and post it back with the required necessary documentation, and signatures to:
Students wishing to apply online may do so via the Central Applications Office.
For more information, click here.
The application fees vary depending on whether you intend to start studying in January or July
- Local students pay a non-refundable application fee of R200 for studies starting in January, and R 175 for studies starting in July 2015/ R200 in July . Late application will be charged at R400.
- International students pay a general, non-refundable application fee of R250, and in the case of a late application, R500.
Methods of Payment:
- Deposit exact amount into the university’s account:
Account Name: UNIZULU
Account Number: 18800 00051
Branch Code: 632 005
Reference Number: Your student number
After you have been successfully accepted, you need to pay the minimum initial registration deposit 4 days before registration (the banking details are the same as above).
Submitting Results and Documents
Students need to submit the following documents with their application:
- Certified Copy of ID
- Matric results
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Diploma or Degree certificate (if available)
- Academic record (if you have studied at another tertiary institution)
Additional documents for international students:
- Valid passport and study permit/student Visa
- SAQA verification certificate
- Proof of financial means (e.g. bank statements, bursaries, cash available, etc)
School learners must ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of Grade 12 are submitted. Failure to do such may result in delays within the student’s application process. You might find that you applied early in Grade 12 and thus only sent in your final Grade 11 results. If this is true, as the year progresses and you receive more results keep sending them through to UNIZULU, that way they will have all your results by the time finals come around.
Transferring students should too ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible as well as that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.
Once you have applied, keep a look out for your acceptance and/or provisional acceptance letter.
Switchboard for Main Campus: +27 (0)35 902 6000
Switchboard for Richard’s Bay Campus: +27 (0)35 902 6006
After you have applied, you can contact the CAO to find out about your application status.
Admissions Office and CAO:
Tel: +27 (0)35 902 6030/ 6718/ 6051