Undergraduate Application Procedures for First Time South African Applicants
|Semester 1: January 2020|
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
|Where To Obtain A CAO Form|
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R245 on-time and R465 for late applications
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.Closing Dates For South African Citizens
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 30 June : No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
|Semester 2: (August Intake)|
• Apply directly to UKZN.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R200.
Postgraduate Application Procedures
Application for admission to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, Honours, Masters and PhD programmes must be made on the Postgraduate Application Form.
Download a Postgraduate Application Guide
How To Obtain A UKZN Postgraduate Application Form
• Download Postgraduate Application Form OR
• Contact the UKZN Applications and Information Office on 031 260 2212/7877 or
033 260 5212 to request an applications form and Postgraduate Application Guide.
• Forms are also available from the Postgraduate Offices at the telephone numbers provided in the Postgraduate Application Guide OR
• Write to email@example.com to request application material
• Provide your existing student number at the top of page one if previously registered at UDW,UN or UKZN
• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full and indicate the relevant campus
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. Limited accommodation is available for postgraduate students.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN
• UKZN requires an application fee of R200
• If you are a current student and you have been registered in the previous academic year you will not be required to pay an application fee. If you have been out of the system for two semesters or more you are required to pay the standard application fee.
• Current students wanting to apply for postgraduate certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Honours prorgamme must apply on the internal Application form for admission to graduate studies. A form can be downloaded here Internal Transfer Form.
• Current students wanting to apply for admission to Masters and PhD studies must complete the Postgraduate Application Form.
• Current students will not be required to pay an application fee.
International Application procedures
• List your programme choices on page three of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full.
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences. On-campus accommodation is limited and you may be required to find off-campus accommodation.
• Regretfully financial assistance from the university is not available to International applicants