Helderberg College Application Form 2019-2020
Helderberg College is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution in terms of section 54(1)(c) of the Higher Education Act, (Act No. 101 of 1997), Certificate No. 2001/HE08/001
FOR ADMISSION TO HELDERBERG COLLEGE:
South African Applicants must:
- Have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with eligibility to enrol for degree studies. If completed prior to 2008 applicants should have a NSC with exemption. Those with a NSC who qualify for entry into further study at the diploma level may apply for diploma programmes.
- Meet programme specific admission requirements as stipulated in this document.
- Submit June results if currently in Grade 12.
- Complete the National Benchmark Test (NBT) before coming to the College. Please visit the NBT website, or see the list of venues at times for 2016 here. Alternatively, the test will also be administered at the College during Orientation if you do not complete it beforehand.
- Should have the appropriate school leaving / completion certificate from the relevant examination body as applicable in their home country (e.g. Angolan Ministry of Education, BEC, ECOL, MNEB, Mauritius Examinations Syndicate (in conjunction with University of Cambridge Examinations Syndicate), Namibian DNEA, ECOS, NECT, ECZ, ZIMSEC).
- Should take note that the medium of instruction at Helderberg College is English. English must therefore be one of the languages taken and passed during High School.
- Should submit all documents pertaining to the completion of a high school qualification for processing by the Admissions Committee. Please see the list below:
- -Copy of your Identity Document and a Photo (South African Students) or Copy of your Passport and a Photo (International Students).
- -High School / School-leaving Certificate. If you are still in your final year of High School, please submit your latest examination results. Provide certified English translation if applicable.
- -Transcript. Transfer students must attach a certified copy of the original official transcript. Provide certified English translations if applicable.
- -TOEFL certificate (International Students who have not received their High School education in English)
- -A letter of recommendation from the Principal / Teacher / Lecturer of your last school attended, or Church Pastor, or Employer (if working)
- Who have not completed their high school education in English may have to enrol at the English Language Institute (ELI) at Helderberg College for at least one year. Only after completing the Advanced Level and passing a final language test at Helderberg College will such applicants be allowed to register for College study programmes.
- Alternatively, applicants must have completed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 (paper-based test), or at least 213 (computer-based test) before proceeding to Helderberg College. Details of TOEFL examination times and locations may be obtained from the TOEFL website (www.ets.org).
- In certain cases applicants may be requested to submit their school leaving certificate for evaluation by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Admission Office will inform you should it be necessary. Forms and information are available from the SAQA website (www.saqa.org.za).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRAMME-SPECIFIC SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
In order to obtain a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC), a high-school learner must pass seven subjects, four of which are compulsory (two Languages, Life Orientation, and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy). International students should have an appropriate school leaving certificate.
Please note that Helderberg College requires English to be one of the two compulsory languages since the medium of instruction at Helderberg College is English.
The following Admissions Points Scores are used to determine admission into the various study programmes:
Second Semester Applications for 2019 are open! Please download and print the application form, OR complete the online application form.
- Orientation: 9 July, 2019
- Registration: 9 to 11 July, 2019
- Classes Start: 15 July, 2019
PRINTED APPLICATION FORM:
- Complete the application form. Please make sure you have the documents ready as indicated in the Form’s Checklist (on the back page). Bring the original documents when you come to register.
- Please make sure you have included your application fee proof of payment.
- Send the completed application form AND the extra documents, either by postal mail or by e-mail.
Email your scanned document to: email@example.com
You are also welcome to send your application form through traditional postal mail:
The Admissions Office
PO Box 22