Gardens Commercial High School Application 2020
Gardens Commercial is a coeducational inner city school with learners aged 12 – 18 years. In 2006 the school was designated a Business, Commerce and Management (BCM) Focus School. As such, Gardens Commercial is part of an education intervention that aims to redress the Apartheid education system. The school is a lead institution that supports learners with exceptional interest, talent, interest or aptitude in the field of business, commerce and management. Gardens Commercial offers the following focus field subjects: Accounting, Business Studies, Economics and Computer Applications Technology
Note: Changes to the subject offering and promotion requirements, could occur at any time during the year.
GRADES 8 AND 9 (GET) EXAMINATION SUBJECTS
1. Language, Literacy and Communication
4. Life Orientation
5. Human & Social Science
6. Natural Science
7. Economics & Management Science
8. Arts & Culture
At this level the courses are the same as that offered by academic schools.
GRADES 10, 11 AND 12 (FET) EXAMINATION SUBJECT CHOICE
We reserve the right to change the subject choices at our discretion.
1. English Home Language
2. Afrikaans Additional Language
3. Life Orientation
4. Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
5. Business Studies
6. Economics or Accounting or Computer Application Technology
7. Economics or Visual Art or Computer Application Technology
Learners from other schools may be admitted to these grades. Each application, however, is judged on its merits by the Headmaster and his team.
In addition to the regular academic programme, learners can also participate in the following :
– Cami Mathematics (a computer based learning program)
– Cami Reading (a computer based learning program)
– Market Days (every Tuesday)
– Allen Grey Entrepreneurship Challenge
– JSE Investment Challenge