School admissions close: Tuesday 17 March 2020
The Admissions 2021 website is working and users are able to access the system. However, it is responding extremely slowly due to network constraints.
Our technical teams are working to resolve any challenges on our side. Please note that some of the issues we face with the internet speed are beyond our control.
We thank you for your patience.
Video Tutorials for Parents
WCED Learner Enrolment FAQ
School admissions open: Monday, 17 February 2020
- Apply to at least 3 schools
- Indicate your order of preference on the system
- Parents must upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system when they apply online
- Certified copy of ID | Birth certificate
- Transfer card (at end of year)
- Immunisation card | Road to Health chart (Primary Schools only)
- Last school report card for learners who have been to school
- A study permit issued by Dept of Home Affairs for foreign learners
School admissions close: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Parents are informed of the outcome per email | SMS: 15 – 22 May 2020
Parents confirm acceptance by: Friday, 5 June 2020
Parents must accept and confirm the place within 3 days if offered a place during this period.
GRADES 8 AND 9 (GET) EXAMINATION SUBJECTS
1. Language, Literacy and Communication
4. Life Orientation
5. Human & Social Science
6. Natural Science
7. Economics & Management Science
8. Arts & Culture
At this level the courses are the same as that offered by academic schools.
GRADES 10, 11 AND 12 (FET) EXAMINATION SUBJECT CHOICE
We reserve the right to change the subject choices at our discretion.
1. English Home Language
2. Afrikaans Additional Language
3. Life Orientation
4. Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
5. Business Studies
6. Economics or Accounting or Computer Application Technology
7. Economics or Visual Art or Computer Application Technology
Learners from other schools may be admitted to these grades. Each application, however, is judged on its merits by the Headmaster and his team.
In addition to the regular academic programme, learners can also participate in the following :
– Cami Mathematics (a computer based learning program)
– Cami Reading (a computer based learning program)
– Market Days (every Tuesday)
– Allen Grey Entrepreneurship Challenge
– JSE Investment Challenge