Drone Media South Africa
About the Drone Media South Africa
AERIAL SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We are a comprehensive drone company able to provide the right aerial filming and photography services for every client. Whether you want to fly your own drone commercially or hire an experienced drone operator for your business or event, we can help.
We love collaborating with other media companies and have a national footprint which means we can work pretty much anywhere that’s legal.
BECOME AN AERIAL MEDIA PARTNER
Looking to fly your drone for commercial purposes?
Our aim is to develop and empower our partners to do just that, legally and to the best operational standards. Once they are trained and qualified, they are contracted to Drone Media as an Aerial Media Partner (AMP) by means of the AMP Agreement. This agreement allows our AMPs to promote and re-sell legally procured aerial media as well as fly alongside our managed Remote Operating Certificate (ROC) as pilots.
OPERATING AS A DRONE MEDIA AMP:
- You have a client in need of RPAS photography or filming
- You submit a request via the Drone Media platform
- We do all project planning to ensure you are 100% safe and compliant
- We give you final approval and instructions to execute flights under our managed ROC and capture the media
- You exercise your AMP Agreement rights to purchase the copyright from us at a reduced percentage of the value
- You sell your legally procured aerial media to your client at 100% of the value
DRONE MEDIA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
What do you need to do to apply?
- Have a valid Remote Pilot License (RPL)
- Own at least one Remote Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS)
- Review Drone Media proposal
- Sign non-disclosure agreement
- Review legal opinion
- Accept pilot kit quotation
- Accept RPAS onboarding cost quotation
- Complete application form
- Submit supporting documentation
Successful application – what’s next?
- Pay for pilot kit
- Pay RPAS onboarding cost
- Review, complete, and sign AMP Agreement
- Undergo induction and training
- Operators can now start flying commercially alongside our managed ROC, with a rental drone to bridge the Remote License Agreement (RLA) waiting period
- Drone registration under our managed ROC
- Once the drone is registered, the RPAS will be installed with a Drone Media tracking device
- Apply for RLA on registered drone
- Receive RLA approval while continuing operations
DRONE MEDIA AS YOUR COMPLIANCE PARTNER
- Flight operations and management, including safe and reliable operation processes
- Fleet maintenance management, ensuring compliant, airworthy craft and trained staff
- Quality assurance, including SOPs
- Safety management services for safe and secure operation and behaviour
- Fleet security management, including security processes and inspections
- All related insurances and liability cover
- Professional IP services co-ordination
- Regular audits to ensure that all AMPs maintain compliance at all times
Allowed Operations under our Approved Operations specifications
- Operations in Controlled Airspace – APPROVED
- Operations above 400ft AGL – RESERVED
- Operations within a 10km radius from an aerodrome – APPROVED
- Operations within restricted airspace – APPROVED
- Operations adjacent to or above:
- National Key Point – APPROVED
- Strategic installation – RESERVED
- Operations Beyond visual line-of-sight (B-VLOS) – RESERVED
- Night operations – APPROVED
- Operations directly overhead or closer than 50m from people – APPROVED
- Operations within 50m of buildings and/or structures – APPROVED
- Operations over, along or closer than 50m from public roads – RESERVED
- Operations releasing object or substance – RESERVED
- Carriage of dangerous goods
We’re on board with the SACAA:
Our Aerial Media Partnership solution has been discussed in great detail with the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) to ensure a high level of compliance and regulatory approval.
Why work with us as an Aerial Media Partner?
- Regular QA and compliance audits so you’ll always be on the right side of the law.
- Comprehensive insurance so your drone will always be covered.
- Access to maintenance, upgrades, and support services so you’ll always be sure of your gear.
- The opportunity to rent if you need to so you’ll always be in the air.
- A network of other professional suppliers and operators so you’ll find networking a breeze.
- The support of a fully developed air services company so you’ll always be in the know.
DRONE MEDIA SOUTH AFRICA CONTACT DETAILS
A DIVISION OF DC GEOMATICS
4 Garlicke Drive, Ballito, KZN, South Africa